Monday, March 10, 2008

Yes, I am still blogging...

Ok, for all of you who just can't wait, here it is. Sorry no pictures. My husband changed up computers and I no longer have access to my picture manager for the time being. So you will just have to read. So without pictures, what do I talk about? Food!!!! We all love it. It is our best friend and our worst enemy, can't live with it and certainly can't live without it, so what is it about food that keeps us in this place? If you think about what food is, it is by nature created to nourish our bodies. So with that, we should eat to nourish our bodies. Yes that means no ice cream, pizza, cookies or even white bread. Hmmm...is that even possible? Yes, since the 21st of February I have been on a Dr. suggested cleanse diet, and with a bit of tweaking could very much be a pure, nourishing diet to live on. However, is that realistic? My dilemna is truly with the food that satisfies the soul, you know, the Starbucks hot chocolate on a cold night that just relaxes you to the core, or the Ben and Jerry's that is so sweet with a girlie movie late at night. I have since, being on this diet, realized how much you can live without. It is not the physical craving of the body, it is the feeling the food creates that I have to change. When your health and wellness is involved, the stakes are high and choices limited. So my advice is to truly note how you are caring for the bodies God gave you, and truly ask yourself if you are eating for nourishment, or feeling. If you don't have health issues, praise the Lord, and then ask yourself what you can do to care for your body. If you do have issues, you know what I speak of, when anything you do affects your wellness, and food is at the top. I encourage you to persevere. Food is everywhere, and just because our government and FDA says it is healthy, does not mean it truly nourishes the body. As for me, I will nourish my body with the prayer that God would honor my efforts to please Him in this, and I will continue to enjoy my hot chocolate as an occasional treat.

6 comments:

Madeira girl said...

ok, my nutrition expert... very good post! But, I like my "soul" food!:) I am trying to change more though... thanks to a little birdy I talk to almost every day!:)

Lindsay said...

Amen Sista!!

michelle said...

That was great - I really enjoyed that - very inspiring and I need these reminders!! :)

Robin said...

Excellent Tracie!!! Food is often one of those areas that we don't want anyone to intrude on because we are seeking our comfort in food rather than the Lord. Isn't God kind to reveal our hearts and His truth?!?!?

Wagener family fun said...

Alright I feel you knocking on my "Have to eat it to be kind" cookie from the model...
I have been thinking a lot more this week since I saw you about what I place in my mouth. It is not really that hard once you are set on the reason and praying for the Lords help. He has definitely helped me from going through any drive-thru windows lately.

3orange1blonde said...

Would be interested in knowing what sort of cleanse diet your doc suggested? If you don't mind sharing with me? miller.lisa.a@cox.net, or I can invite you to my blog and you can add it there? Just would like to start something like that. We juice over here and every time I do, I feel a world of difference. Did you ever buy a juicer?