Friday, March 28, 2008

Clueless.....

Disclaimer: This post contains information on a current movie that may or may not give you more of a clue to the movie than I had. I don't think it will give the ending, but just so you know.

So now for a good laugh...It started as a date night, you know...dinner and a movie. It was Definitely, Maybe. You know the ad showed a little girl trying to find out which one was her mom. So her dad starts telling her a mixed up story about how he met her mom which involves several ladies. Ok, so you are wondering now, what's the big deal, sounds nice enough...except that when the mom showed up, I was completely baffled as to how all the stories fit together, and how the little girl didn't know who her mother was, and if she didn't know who her mother was in the beginning, how could she later know and what is the deal anyway? Now if you are as confused now as I was then, good..., let me explain. I was under the delusion that the girl did not know who her mother was and her dad had been raising her alone. I thought the story was for the daughter to figure out WHO her mother was. So when the mom showed up and she knew her, I was thoroughly confused for the rest of the movie, until Matt explained that she knew her mom, they were in the middle of a divorce, and the movie was about HOW he met her. The daughter wanted to know the grand love story of her parents. So here it is the end of a 2 hour movie and the movie I thought I was watching was not it at all, and now I am thinking...I need to see that movie over again, or I guess for the first time since I apparently missed it the first time. Matt was completely baffled and very amused at how I could have missed the whole plot of the movie. So I hope this adds to the self confidence of the many of you who think you struggle in the academic sense... always know I will be here to keep you looking smart. :)

2 comments:

Madeira girl said...

Hmmm... sounds like we need to go watch it together, me for the first time and you apparently for the first time as well!:) Just kidding! Sounds interesting though. I would go see it, if you are up for a repeat!

3orange1blonde said...

Tracy,
Um, perhaps you ARE smarter than me, cuz I don't have ANY CLUE as to what you are talking about!! I had to read your email twice, and then I just decided to move on!! ha. Perhaps it's cuz it's Friday, the end of the week and it's 11?