Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Humbled by the Sweetness

How kind it is of God to offer us reminders when in the midst of struggles. Today has been one of those very busy run around days which does not settle well with one of my children. As is the way of things, as the day went on he struggled more with his attitude which translates into my attitude. So when bedtime came and went and this child popped out of bed for the third time, I was about done. I was trying not to completely loose my temper, but as my child so apptly pointed out....I was not being very kind, and he did not like that. And then, and this is the best part, he stopped and turned to me and said, "Mommy, I think we need to pray for you, you are really struggling." . Then it gets better. He asked if I wanted to pray first, and just like an angry child, I said no. So he said ok, and this was the beginning of his prayer " Dear Jesus thank you for giving me such a wonderful mommy, please help her right now because she is really struggling. " At that point, I was just broken, and the Lord just softened my heart. (and yes, I did cry... which one of you wouldn't?) Afterwards, I prayed and asked him to forgive me for being angry, which he did. Then he went off to bed with a smile saying..." my prayers worked, Mommy is herself again". What more can I say. Sometimes the children we struggle with the most are the ones that God uses to bless us even more so.

4 comments:

Madeira girl said...

Great post, Tracie! I had a similar day yesterday, without the wonderful reminder from my children though. How kind of the Lord to touch your heart at that time. Great job Sammy or Christopher!

Wagener family fun said...

Girl that rocks!
It is awesome to hear that all of your training is paying off.

3orange1blonde said...

Oh wow..that is heart melting. Thanks Lord for grace..

Kelly said...

That's great. Thanks for sharing that special time with us.