Friday, July 4, 2008

The Titantic


It all started with the question of how cold can you make water. My boys wanted to know, so we talked about temperatures and areas in the world that had the coldest water, and then what we could do to make the coldest water in our house. Mind you all I did was talk, though this was a perfect opportunity for me to show them and do a little experiment. No, I am not that good, we talked as I cleaned and off they went after their question was answered. And this is what I found in my kitchen sink. I was rather impressed. They used what we had talked about to make a recreation of the sinking of the titantic. They even added the salt to the water to make it even colder.

They did not miss any of the details, not even the guy going head first overboard, or the lobsters on the ice flow. You will also notice the propeller at the bottom. They have done considerable reading on this event and did their best to include all the aspects that their legos would allow. They were a little disappointed that their boat was one solid piece with no way to break it like the real deal, but somtimes you just have to go with it.



These are the two creative geniuses behind the recreation and the mess that followed. I should have talked more about water spills and how to clean them. But I am thankful that they do listen and are interested in things that are bigger than they are. I love the imagination and the desire to follow it through. You just never know what will end up in your kitchen sink.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Madeira girl said...

That's Great!! How cool of you to not get upset at the mess, too. I love boy creativity! Good job guys!

3orange1blonde said...

Hey. I can't wait until Chase is old enough to create messes with Skye. And to hear the conversation that must have gone on between the two of them. You know about the lego brickmaster's club? I'm sure you do..email me if not..I'll sell you on it for sure. miller.lisa.a@cox.net Thanks for posting and encouraging your boys.

JJandFive said...

Kind-of gruesome (like Spencer putting the army guys in our Mt. Vesuvius lava....) but very cool and creative. And an excellent job on crafting that ship!
You're such a good mama, Trace. And I miss you : (