Tuesday, July 29, 2008

A House To Be

For all of you who have waited so patiently, I have finally gotten everything into blog form. This is our lot. It is mostly wooded but has enough open area to eventually put in a pool in the future. This is what you would see driving up the front, and into the driveway.
So framing has begun, and it is taking shape. It is going up very quickly. The head framer said it was the strongest house he had framed and has also been one of the quickest. Thank you Roger! This certainly helps get things moving along.
The second story goes up, but still no stairs. So we used the ladder. That was not fun. I am scared of heights, so Matt had to talk me down from the second floor after I managed to get up. Yikes! Good thing framing moved fast, stairs were in soon after.
And here is the farmhouse at last...isn't it just the cutest? Just wait til we have siding and windows and a great little brick chimney. Now I am getting impatient for it. I am just so excited to be able to finally walk through it and start seeing our vision for it come to reality.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

The Nilsen Nest said...

It's beautifully cute! So excited for you guys!

Wagener family fun said...

I LOVE IT!!!
Give us the specifics how many square feet, how many bedrooms, colors all of that good stuff. It looks like you are planning on having a full porch across that one side facing the woods?
It is already beautiful and it will be such a blessing to you. Long time waiting patiently for this wonderful prize.
Congratulations Lucas family!
~Shawna

Kelly said...

It certainly is coming along. I am really happy for you guys (trying not to be too southern--I resisted "yall").

3orange1blonde said...

Yah, do give some more details..wow..it seems a little set back from the road? Hopefully, that's the case..that seems so fun and what a huge blessing..now you can paint flowers all over the walls, not just one!!

Wagener family fun said...

OK girly where r u?
We have been waiting for the updates on your new home. I know you are busy and I am being selfish begging for an update. I don't get to see you so this is the only connection =(
I hope you are doing well and that the Lord is continuing to bless you during this new chapter of your lives togther as the Lucas'

JJandFive said...

hooray! house pictures!!!