Friday, September 5, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me!

I can't believe I am 3..., wait, that would be 34! Yes, I am not too proud to admit it. I love my birthday. My dear husband, wonderful family, and most awesome friends always make me feel so special and loved. I always enjoy thinking back on the past year to see how the Lord has worked in my life, and the ways He has used me in the lives of others. He truly is an amazing God, and I am truly blessed.
This is what I awoke to on my birthday. Matt got up early and went to Dunkin Donuts and we had the full spread including decorations by my boys. You gotta love legos. That night we had some good friends over for cards and cake. It was so much fun, even though I didn't get to win on my birthday. You gotta love those true friends who keep you humble even on your birthday. :) And since I couldn't have everyone at once, Matt organized a chocolate tasting with more great friends. (all my favorite things...) You are seeing now, that I don't just have a birthday, it's more like a week or a month. The boys wanted to taste test too, so the next day we set it up for them. They were pretty funny in their analysis of each piece. Like I said, I love my birthday. Thank you to all of you who made me feel so cared for. You all are the best!

Oh, yah, Christopher just had to try the wine glass. He is going to be my debonair.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

I look forward to your birthdays too! It's always lots of fun:)

Madeira girl said...

In retrospect, the chocolates would most likely be more fun than losing again at cards...:) At least we are consistent! (although that cake was pretty worth the loss, as I think about it...)