Friday, September 5, 2008

The Salamander

You just gotta love living in a not so well built house on a not so well built slab. You end up with all kinds of creepy crawlies. Though, I must admit, this one was a real surprise. Sammy had gone to the kitchen for water during school and started yelling about a lizard in the house, yah right...Well, he was right. And then we couldn't get to him because he was hiding under the linoleum where it is peeled up. Uggg! He finally came scurrying out and I was yelling at the boys to be quicker, faster, you know..., just get him! I really didn't want him under the fridge or stove. Thankfully, they got him and after releasing him Christopher told me that it really wasn't necessary for me to scream " it was just a little lizard". I love my boys!
Just so you know, when I pulled a little of the linoleum back to clean it out, I found dead snails, too. Isn't that fun?
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

JJandFive said...

It's a skink, not a salamander ; ) But close. : )
Boys are fun, aren't they?

Heather said...

It's been a month! hint, hint

;) Heather

Wagener family fun said...

OK I saw some of your new neighbors pics of their house it has made be even more aching to see your pics!!!
Please update and share your new home with us.
I sound a little selfish here begging and all. Can you forgive me?
Talk soon,
Shawna