Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Pirates Ahoy!

One thing I love about my boys is their amazing imagination. I love how ordinary things become the extraordinary. It takes them to places they would otherwise never see or experience. So welcome to the West Indies where pirates sail the open sea.
So you see, when you only have 2 children, sometimes they need someone else to play the bad guy so they can be on the same team. This was their solution, "mean guy with a sword". There was another one on Sammy's side of the pole as well.

As the imagination grows, so does the ship. Their were eventually blankets and pillows and a mass of other stuff by the end of the day.















Clean-up you say??? Yes it is always a little challenging to get them to clean up everything they got out, but that is a battle I am willing to fight so my boys have wonderful memories of being a pirate or whatever they come up with when they grow up. Happy Imaginings!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Heather said...

I've e-mailed you a gazillion times. The boys look like they are having a great time! RRRRR
Happy New Year!

Heather

The Nilsen Nest said...

That's great you let them be creative! I was thinking about the clean up before I scrolled down, you are very patient! Oh, and thanks for the Christmas card! The house looks so good! And so do you all :) Happy New Year!