Friday, December 12, 2008

To the House Hounds....

WE HAVE CABINETS!!!!!!
I hope you all know the sacrifice I made to get these pictures. I left my sick kids to drive out in the rain, to tromp through the mud with my lantern to get these pictures. (yes, I really used a lantern) Aren't they awesome?!!!
This view is from where the table will be looking into the kitchen area. This wall goes to the cieling. They are actually distressed, but that is a little hard to see in the pictures.
The window will be over the sink.
The island is also distressed, but again, hard to capture. We will have black granite on the surround cabinets, and a more exotic piece on the island. The hardware will be a mix of 1/2 moon oiled bronze on the drawers and probably something like glass knobs on the doors. Still deciding on that. I am open to any creative handles. We are looking for character.
This is to the left of the kitchen. This is where the fridge will go and the pantry cabinet is right next to that. I'll continue to post as I get the pictures. Things are moving now.Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Lindsay said...

Coming Together!
The cabinets look great!

The Nilsen Nest said...

So AWESOME! Matt told me at the Christmas party about the double decker cabinets you have! I'm jealous! (we missed you by the way!)Hope the boys are feeling better!

tweedfamilyof4 said...

I'm imagining a wonderful kitchen...heopfully soon!

Wagener family fun said...

What an awesome blessing this home is going to be and such character! It is so nice to see your home coming together. I remember when everyone lived on the same street and like 3 of you had the same EXACT floor plan. LOL!!!
Congrats!

3orange1blonde said...

These look great. You need color (that's the answer to my every question!) so, I did a bit of research and I think that some yellow type knobs or red. myknobs.com has a great selection, altho it's a bit confusing at first when you go on the website. at first, click on "knobs" then click on "yellow" or something like that, and THEN you get all the yellow knobs. There are these yellowish see-thru glass ones that are butterflies..which is cool to me and yellow is a good pull together color for black and off white. Anyways, I think I might like your house more than you? I'm super excited for you!