Tuesday, December 2, 2008

The Apple Orchard

Sometimes you never know just what you will find in the trees, but today, it was apples. This past October (yes, I know I am behind..), we went on a field trip with our co-op. They taught you all about the apple process of planting, harvesting, and juicing for cider. It was very educational. The boys each got a bag of apples to take home, but picking off the tree was extra. So of course, when in Rome..., so we paid extra and picked some right off the tree. The boys loved it.


















The apples on the bottom didn't quite meet with Sammy's standards, so he searched high and higher for the best ones he could find.
The Gibsons are also in our co-op, so they picked with us. I think this picture sums it all up. Push harder boys, those girls want to go faster. The way things ought to be.
You could not have asked for a prettier day. And what better way to spend it than in God's great creation with my boys. (By the way, the apple muffins we got at the little store were the best I have ever had. Definitely worth the mention. :) )
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Boiler Girl said...

Very cute pics, but we're gonna have to do something about that red hat from "that" school that Sammy is wearing. :)

3orange1blonde said...

Ditto to the hat!! We're boiler fans over here too! hee. Um, I love your posts!!! Please keep posting!!

T said...

I am shocked, Lisa. I had no idea you were a boiler fan too! I am so sorry to hear that...
t