Tuesday, June 9, 2009

The Shanty Shack

My boys love junk, any junk and all junk. They like to build things with it. So welcome to the shanty shack, located on one prime pile of mulch with an excellent view overlooking a serene winter pond. There is even a refrigeration unit and safety rail for extra amenities. If you consider visiting this humble abode, please make sure your insurance is current. Due to some questionable materials and building techniques, the roof just may cave in on a windy day.
Yes, my boys were the only ones allowed to play in it because I couldn't justify risking any of their friends lives. This lovely dwelling stayed right outside my large glass door wall until it met its' demise a couple weeks ago when a small monsoon hit Treasure Cove.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Madeira girl said...

You did it! Now, that wasn't too hard now, was it. I love the shack. So sad it is gone. :( I'm sure the boys would build another one though... if you asked kindly! :P

Heather said...

You are still here! Been wondering 'bout that! Kids keep asking about you guys! House is gorgeous!

Heather