Thursday, January 8, 2009

And the Party....

Like every other Lucas birthday, it's not just a day. So after celebrating with grandparents in Greenville, a family only party on the day itself, it is time to celebrate with friends. Circumstances prevailing, we had to do something indoors with all the rain. So we tried Monkey Joe's. It was a blast! I was a little skeptical, not a big fan of crazy kid places, but I didn't want the crazy kids all in my house either. So we scheduled it for a Wednesday, which is half price, and during school hours to keep some of the crazy down. The sad part is we missed some of our good friends who go to school. Hopefully next year won't rain, and we can have everyone again. The kids loved it. They had the place to themselves. If you don't know what Monkey Joe's is, let me tell you. I am a new fan. It is filled with huge inflatables where the kids can just run and play, I mean, BIG play. There is a TV area with comfy chairs for parents and even a couple computers available to be able to get online. It's a deal. Every child I took was sweating and worn out by the end of 2 hours there. You just can't beat it. Though I found getting pictures a bit difficult, so these are the best we got.


After a couple hours of play, I took all the boys back to the house for cake and gifts. Sammy and I decorated cupcakes with all his favorite things, mostly pictures of Star Wars clones and swords. Then we opened presents, and parents came. It was so simple and my house didn't even feel the wrath of 7 boys under the age of 11.

The final hurrah.... Happy Birthday Sam!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: